Copyright of any documents and scripts belonging to this site is held by Mi-MEDIA unless otherwise stated. Written, audio and documented information contained on this site is copyrighted material. It is illegal to copy or redistribute this information in any way without the expressed written consent of Mi Media and/or the persons and organisations it represents.
Mi-MEDIA provides information to assist self employed skilled, trained and professional media personnel opportunities for work in their supported media interests. Protect yourself from liability by sticking to service providers and their terms and conditions. You are responsible for ensuring that your transaction is lawful. If you have any questions regarding your rights under a contract or agreement, we strongly recommend that you contact the company with whom you entered into the contract and/or consult with a lawyer.
This site is NOT responsible for any damage that links may cause to your system.
1. Prices within this site are estimated - based on current costs of production and, unless otherwise agreed, are subject to amendment on or at any time after acceptance to meet any rise or fall in such costs.
2. Tax: The service provider reserves the right to charge the amount of any value added tax payable whether or not included on the estimate or invoice.
3. Preliminary work: All work carried out, whether experimentally or otherwise, at customers request shall be charged unless otherwise stated In writing .
4. Electronic Media Data: It is the customers responsibility to maintain a copy of any original electronic file data, audio videos or wording documents.
5. Ownership and risk: The risk in all goods delivered, in any form in connection with the work shall pass to the customer on delivery.
(b) Goods, artwork, audio or video supplied by Mi-MEDIA remain Mi-MEDIA'S property until the customer has paid for them and discharged all other debts owing to Mi-MEDIA.
(c) If the customer becomes insolvent (as set out in clause 16) and the goods have not been paid for in full Mi-MEDIA may take the goods back and, if necessary, enter the customers premises to do so, or to inspect the goods.
(d) If the customer shall sell the goods before they have been paid for in full he shall hold the proceeds of sale on trust for Mi MEDIA in a separate account until any sum owing to Mi-MEDIA has been discharged from such proceeds.
6. Claims: Advice of damage, delay or loss of goods in transit or of non-delivery must be given in writing to Mi Media and the carrier within three clear days of delivery (or, in the case of non-delivery, within 28 days of notification of despatch of the goods) and any claim in respect thereof must be made in writing to Mi Media and the carrier within seven clear days of delivery (or, in the case of non-delivery, within 42 days of notification of despatch). All other claims must be made in writing to Mi-MEDIA within 28 days of delivery. Mi-MEDIA shall not be liable in respect of any claim unless the aforementioned requirements have been complied with, except in any particular case where the customer proves that (I) it was not possible to comply with the requirements and (ii) advice (where required) was given and the claim made as soon as reasonably possible.
7. Liability: (a) Mi-MEDIA shall not be liable for indirect loss or third party claims occasioned by delay in completing the work or for any loss to the customer arising from delay in transit, whether as a result of the Mi medias negligence or otherwise.
(b) Insofar as is permitted by law where work is defective for any reason, including negligence, Mi-MEDIA'S liability (if any) shall be limited to rectifying such defect. Where Mi Media performs its obligations to rectify defective work under this condition the customer shall not be entitled to any further claim in respect of the work done nor shall the customer be entitled to treat delivery thereof as a ground for repudiating the contract, failing to pay for the work or cancelling further deliveries.
(c) Nothing in these conditions shall exclude Mi Medias liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
8. Customers property: (a) Customers property and all property supplied to Mi Media by or on behalf of the customer shall while it is in the possession of Mi-MEDIA or in transit to or from the customer be deemed to be at customers risk unless otherwise agreed and the customer should insure accordingly.
(b) Mi-MEDIA shall be entitled to make a reasonable charge for the storage of any customers property left before receipt of the order or after notification to the customer of completion of the work.
9. Materials supplied by the customer: (a) Mi-MEDIA may reject any film, Image, paper, wav, mp3 or audio type of any sort or other materials supplied or specified by the customer which appear to be unsuitable. Additional cost incurred if materials are found to be unsuitable during production may be charged except that if the whole or any part of such additional cost could have been avoided but for unreasonable delay by Mi Media in ascertaining the unsuitability of the materials then that amount shall not be charged to the customer.
(b) Where materials are so supplied or specified, Mi-MEDIA will take every care to secure the best results, but responsibility will not be accepted for imperfect work caused by defects in or unsuitability of materials so supplied or specified.
(c) Quantities of materials supplied shall be adequate to cover normal production.
10. Insolvency: Without prejudice to other remedies, if the customer becomes insolvent (namely, being a company is deemed to be unable to pay its debts or has a winding up petition issued against it or has a receiver, administrator or administrative receiver appointed to it or being a person commits an act of bankruptcy or has a bankruptcy petition issued against him) Mi-MEDIA shall have the right not to proceed further with the contract or any other work for the customer and be entitled to charge for work already carried out (whether completed or not) and materials purchased for the customer, such charge to be an immediate debt due to him. Any unpaid invoices shall become immediately due for payment.
11. General Lien: Without prejudice to other remedies, in respect of all unpaid debts due from the customer Mi-MEDIA shall have a general lien on all goods and property in its possession (whether worked on or not) and shall be entitled on the expiration of 14 days? notice to dispose of such goods or property as agent for the customer in such manner and at such price as he thinks fit and to apply the proceeds towards such debts, and shall when accounting to the customer for any balance remaining be discharged from all liability in respect of such goods or property.
12. Illegal matter: (a) Mi-MEDIA shall not be required to work on any matter which in our opinion is or may be of an illegal or libellous nature or an infringement of the proprietary or other rights of any third party.
(b) Mi-MEDIA shall be indemnified by the customer in respect of any claims, costs and expenses arising out of any libellous matter or any infringement of copyright, patent, design or of any other proprietary or personal rights contained in any material developed for the customer. The indemnity shall include (without limitation) any amounts paid on a lawyers advice in settlement of any claim that any matter is libellous or an infringement.
13. Periodical publications: A contract for the distribution of a periodical publication may not be terminated by either party unless 13 weeks notice in writing is given in the case of periodicals produced monthly or more frequently or 26 weeks notice in writing is given in the case of other periodicals. Notice may be given at any time but wherever possible should be given after completion of work on any one issue. Nevertheless Mi-MEDIA may terminate any such contract forthwith should any sum due thereunder remain unpaid. This does not apply to periodicals and publications uploaded by you yourself to our publications page.
14. Force majeure: Mi-MEDIA shall be under no liability if unable to carry out any provision of the contract for any reason beyond his reasonable control including (without limiting the foregoing): Act of God; legislation; war; fire; flood; drought; inadequacy or unsuitability of any instructions, electronic file or other data or materials supplied by the customer; failure of power supply; lock-out, strike or other action taken by employees in contemplation or furtherance of a dispute; or owing to any inability to procure materials required for the performance of the contract. During the continuance of such a contingency the customer may by written notice to the printer elect to terminate the contract and pay for work done and materials used, but subject thereto shall otherwise accept delivery when available.
15. Law: These conditions and all other express and implied terms of the contract shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England. A printed copy of this document can be downloaded here